Denominational Statement of Belief
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe
- His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- As a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, we believe the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms to be accurate summaries of the teachings of the Bible.
Crestwood Presbyterian Church is a community of faith that desires to glorify and enjoy God by spreading the hope of the gospel through preaching Christ and demonstrating His love.
Believing the Gospel
Everything we teach, believe, and practice at Crestwood Church centres around the gospel. The gospel is the good news that through faith in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, people can be reconciled to God. By believing in Jesus, our sins are forgiven and we are promised eternal life. This beautiful message is the foundation of everything we believe, and it’s this message we want to share with our neighbours in Edmonton and around the world.
Everyone who believes the gospel message is accepted by God and adopted into His family. Those who publicly confess their common faith in Jesus Christ are joined together in a local church. It is in this community that we pray for each other and for our community, we worship God together, and we encourage one another. The church is a place where every person who believes in Jesus belongs together, as a member of the household of God.
Becoming Like Jesus
Believing in Jesus is only the beginning of the journey of faith.Those who believe engage in a lifelong process of spiritual transformation into the likeness of Christ. Through our worship, study, and service, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we want to end sinful and selfdestructive patterns in our lives, and we want to emulate Jesus’ love for God, his passion for the truth, and his care and concern for others.